Fixing connector contact issues with DeoxIT

I was having some trouble with the switch matrix connectors on my Wiliams Slugfest, and I was faced with repinning them.   I had bought this tube of something called “DeoxIT” from somewhere (can’t remember where) a while back, but had never used it.   I figured, what the heck, I’d give it a try.   It comes in a squeeze tube, and it is the consistency of oil.   It’s transparent red in color.   I cut the end off the applicator to open it, and slid the end over each pin on the switch matrix connectors of the CPU board, gently squeezing the tube to make sure the liquid was getting on the pins.   I used it sparingly.    Once it had gotten some on each pin, I slid the connectors back on and tested the machine – everything worked perfectly.   I put the machine back together and kept testing – all good.   That was about a week ago, and I’ve tried to test it each day since and so far so good.   This stuff might come in real handy in the future for these kinds of issues.   I’m sure there situations where you should just bite the bullet and repin the connectors, but in my case this totally fixed my issues.   I’ll update if anything changes.

Anyway, here’s a link to the stuff I used.